The Bureau of Development Services promotes safety, livability and economic vitality through efficient and collaborative application of building and development codes.
To meet the needs of our community, we pursue the following goals:
- Support community vitality and protect life, property, and natural resources by promoting compliance with applicable codes and regulations
- Provide cooperative and responsive internal and external customer service
- Process all Bureau functions efficiently
- Create a collaborative workplace that promotes mutual respect through trust, fairness and open communication
- Support continual professional growth of the workforce and organization through education, technology and diversity
- Dedication to serving the public
- Pride in our work
- Care for the long-term viability of our community
- Recognition of worth, quality and importance of each employee and member of the community
- Support of continual learning, education and innovation
The Bureau of Development Services is committed to the elimination of racism and discriminatory practices in our services and in our work place, because we understand the positive value of equitable systems. View Equity Commitment Statement.