Founded in 1926, The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO®) employs a diverse team of world-class professionals that includes engineers, scientists, technicians, and industry experts and leaders. IAPMO is a global non-profit/ for profit organization committed to advancing the latest and most improved methods of sanitation. We are currently seeking a part time Codes and Standards Technical Administrator for our Headquarters Building in Ontario, CA. We value and employ individuals dedicated to our mission.
The role of Codes and Standards Technical Administrator will assist with the day to day administrative duties of the Code Development Department by following implemented timelines for publications, researching, updating and reviewing documents, and understanding and interpreting technical documents. Duties also include performing independently as well as interacting and communicating with staff, committees, organizations, and customers, identifying, formulating and producing effective solutions within the industry, plus other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical engineering, or a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 1-2 years of office environment work
- Working knowledge of Office business software, including Microsoft Office, Project, Adobe, Grammarly, and Stylewriter
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in editing, proofreading, development of structured templates
- Ability to conduct, retrieve and verify effective research
- Fluent in English comprehension, reading, and writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and installation of mechanical, hydronic and solar energy systems, components, equipment, appliances, and reference standards is a plus
As the leading authority of water protection, code development and product certification, IAPMO holds an unwavering commitment to technological advances for improving plumbing and mechanical systems that serves to protect the safety of the general public worldwide. IAPMO is a global non-profit/for-profit organization committed to advancing the latest and most improved methods of sanitation. IAPMO’s legacy includes its international outreach, sharing knowledge and advancements with other countries’ governments for the purpose of expanding codes, sources, and methods into countries that need assistance and sustainment.