Our team is growing! Under the general supervision of the Meter Services Supervisor, the newly created postilion of Cross Connection Control and Backflow Technician will perform a variety of work in connection with implementing and enforcing the cross-connection control programs including the Backflow Prevention Program. Inspects, tests, and repairs backflow devices and creates and submits results, records, and related documentation.
Are you as committed to excellence as we are?
Our elected Board of Directors, leadership team, and 50+ team members are committed to excellence as we provide our customers with reliable, high-quality water and wastewater services in a fiscally sustainable manner. We are responsible for the distribution of safe drinking water to agricultural, residential, and commercial customers in our 82-square mile service area that includes the unincorporated communities of Rainbow, Bonsall, and parts of Vista, Oceanside, and Fallbrook. We make a difference in our community, and we are passionate about operating in alignment with our core values of integrity, responsibility, professionalism, innovation, and teamwork. If you share our commitment to excellence and our core values, then this position could be right for you!
=> Collects, organizes and record data relating to the District's cross connection control program.
=> Inspects and tests backflow devices according to established schedules to remain in compliance with applicable regulations and standards to ensure they are working properly and preventing the District's water distribution system from becoming contaminated or polluted.
=> Creates, updates, and maintains electronic records and files related to the location of backflow devices, inspection schedules and results, and test results.
=> Repairs backflow devices as needed.
=> Conducts property inspections to determine the need for backflow device installation or removal and prepares related reports.
Who is the ideal candidate?
The District will consider any combination of qualifications that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential functions of the position. Typically, these qualifications are:
- A High School Diploma is required; an Associate's Degree or Certificate in Water Technology is a plus.
- A Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certificate is required.
- A Cross Connection Control Specialist certification is required within one year.
- A Water Distribution Operator D1 Certificate is required; a D2 is preferred; employee will be required to take the first available D2 Certificate Exam upon hire/transfer/promotion.
- A current Water Treatment Operator T2 Certificate is preferred.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
- 1 year of experience in the water distribution industry is strongly preferred; experience with backflow testing and repair is a big plus.
- Experience with professional, business-related verbal and written communication including reports and correspondence is preferred
To apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rainbowmwd/jobs/2265467/cross-connection-control-and-backflow-technician