At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create an engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you’re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Plumbing Engineer to join our team as a member of our growing Western Washington division.
You're great at:
- Documents project correspondence, issues, decisions, and directions.
- Defines, communicates, and manages scope, design intent and design process for the direct supervisor to review.
- Archives projects according to engineering administrative procedures.
- Coordinates with internal design team on the development of drafting/modeling and design tasks.
- Familiar with building information modeling concepts and practices.
- Provide engineering analysis to support sales.
- Demonstrates an understanding of overall project objectives and make design decisions that balance project goals with company capabilities.
- Manages multiple internal clients and projects concurrently.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of McKinstry design standards.
- Provides a variety of system designs that might include air, hydronic, piping, plumbing, sheet metal, architectural, electrical power, lighting and telecom systems.
- Investigates, evaluates, and troubleshoots operation of existing system.
- Participates in the design start of new projects.
- Utilizes both manual and packaged calculations software.
- Performs electronic CADD, Revit and manual drafting tasks as assigned.
- Consistently applies, maintains, and enforces current CADD/Revit and design standards.
- May run MEP coordination (field clash detection) meetings.
What we would like to see from you:
- Associated arts degree, industry training or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Two (2) year of experience in engineering design or related field is required.
- Three (3) years of experience in BIM/CADD or in the construction industry is required.
- Three (3) years of experience in 3D/BIM modeling is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or REVIT required.
- LEED AP is preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes in multiple jurisdictions preferred.
- Energy modeling experience preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.