Founded in 1926, The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO®) employs a diverse team of world-class professionals that includes engineers, scientists, technicians, and industry experts and leaders. IAPMO is a global non-profit/ for profit organization committed to advancing the latest and most improved methods of sanitation. We are currently seeking a Standards Development Engineer for our Headquarters Building in Ontario, CA. We value and employ individuals dedicated to our mission by offering:
ü A competitive salary and benefits package, such as no cost health, dental, life, and AD&D
ü 11 paid holidays, 10 days per year of vacation, and 15 paid sick days per calendar year.
ü 401k and profit sharing
ü On-site day care
ü Plus, much more!
The role of Standards Development Engineer will perform various technical and administrative duties for the Codes and Standards Department by generating, revising, and maintaining standards, including timelines, preparing for publication and maintenance of the standards database. Duties also include:
- Continuously work with the Department personnel to build the IAPMO Standards Department into a recognized leader for the development of consensus-based standards for the plumbing, mechanical and solar industries
- Maintaining current standards in Mirobase, spreadsheets, and files
- Develop new industry standards, ANSI Standards, National Standards of Canada (NSC) or ISO standards for national and international markets.
- Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with staff and committees of other standards developing organizations, such as ASTM, ASME, CSA, NSF, ASHRAE, APSP, ASSE, and ANSI
- Serve as secretary to the Company’s Plumbing Standards Committee and the Standards Review Committee and Subcommittees.
- Prepare agendas, mailings, and minutes = of meetings
- Attend industry events, code hearings and informational meetings, and trade association meetings shows
- Represent the company at various national technical committees, trade shows and expositions.
- Manage standards account including orders and invoices.
Perform other responsibilities, as assigned
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering or related field
· Minimum 5 years of work experience in engineering
· Experience in product testing, certification, standards development or related field is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and project scheduling
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Knowledge of plumbing, mechanical, swimming pool, spa and hot tub, and solar codes is a plus
· Ability to read and interpret technical documents
· Knowledge of developing product standards is a plus
· Knowledge of national (ANSI) and international standards, plumbing standards in particular is a plus
· Familiar with Government issued guidelines and Code of Federal regulations is a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Travel not more than 30 percent per year
As the leading authority of water protection, code development and product certification, IAPMO holds an unwavering commitment to technological advances for improving plumbing and mechanical systems that serves to protect the safety of the general public worldwide. IAPMO is a global non-profit/for-profit organization committed to advancing the latest and most improved methods of sanitation. IAPMO’s legacy includes its international outreach, sharing knowledge and advancements with other countries’ governments for the purpose of expanding codes, sources, and methods into countries that need assistance and sustainment.